Phonics for DummiesBook - 2007
Features kid- and parent-friendly tips and activities
The fun and easy way to grasp the ABCs of reading
Want to introduce your child to reading, or strengthen your child's reading skills? This fun and entertaining guide shows you how to use phonics as an easy and engaging path to reading. Phonics For Dummies contains tips on mastering letter sounds in reading, activities to engage your child's enthusiasm, and advice for making reading interesting and fun.
Discover how to:
- Use phonics to learn to read
- Improve reading and spelling skills
- Master unusual sounds and spellings
- Build your child's vocabulary
- Play games that encourage progress
All this on the audio CD:
- Dozens of letter sounds in friendly lessons
- Keywords to help your child with reading and spelling
- Easy examples and tips for your child to follow
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Using phonics to teach children how to read is the focus of this book meant for anyone, particularly parents. Greve describes how phonics is taught and covers teaching aids and techniques, fundamentals, consonant and vowel sounds and patterns, the pronunciation process, prefixes and suffixes, unusual spellings, and exceptions, complemented by a CD that contains pronunciations. Greve is a reading specialist and conducts phonics workshops. Her methods are based on those of Sister Monica Foltzer. Annotation ©2007 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)