The Alzheimer's Answerbook
Professional Answers to More Than 250 Questions About Alzheimer's and DementiaBook - 2008
Written in an easy-to-read Q&A format, The Alzheimer's Answer Book explains confusing medical lingo and provides straightforward answers.
Is Alzheimer's disease hereditary? Are there memory exercises I should be doing now? Is all dementia Alzheimer's, or are there other forms? How do I make time for both my parent with Alzheimer's and my children? How long can someone live with this disease?
All caregivers and families touched by Alzheimer's and dementia face a seemingly overwhelming number of emotional decisions. The Alzheimer's Answer Book serves as a much-needed resource for you in this difficult time and is full of the sound advice and immediate guidance you need.
Written by an experienced doctor who began his career as a geriatric psychiatrist, The Alzheimer's Answer Book covers such topics as:
- What are the causes of Alzheimer's and dementia
- What preparations do I need to make immediately after diagnosis?
- Are there medications available that help slow the progress of the disease?
- How can I tell if my parent is in pain?
- How can I avoid "caregiver burnout" when I'm constantly caring for a parent?
- Where can I find resources and support in my community?
- What are the differences between Medicare and Medicaid, and how do I know what insurance will and will not cover?
Written in an easy-to-read Q&A format, The Alzheimer's Answer Book explains confusing medical lingo and provides straightforward answers to all of your most pressing questions.